Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Final Countdown: Good Friends and Goodbyes

This weekend was my last in Morocco. While I look forward to seeing everyone from home, I still can't wrap my head around leaving this country. On Friday, we had our last cookout. Sean and Ammi were the grillmasters!


Ty's watermelon was definitely a hit! I can't remember the last time I had it in the states...


I'm going to miss my mental soulmate and little Italian loveboat, Rebecca (Lav).


Lovely ladies! (Kim, Brooke, Savannah and Shannon)


I'm going to miss these two! Trifeckta will always live on...


Ty brought marshmallow puff, which was also a hit!


Anna, from England, had her very first Oreo! Unfortunately, she didn't seem overly impressed.


The original group (minus Jill). We've traveled across this country together. Since arriving in Morocco,  I have journeyed to Meknes, Fez, Azrou, Merzouga, Ouarzazat, Ait Ben Haddou, Tinghir, Marrakesh, Essaouira, Asilah, Chefchaoen, Akshor, Volubilis, Casablanca, Rabat, Tetouan, Tangiers and Fnediq. Not bad, eh? :)

I'm going to miss you guys so much!


Three of the West Point guys, Joel, Ty, and Rob left on Friday night. I tried to hold it together at the picnic, but I've never been good at goodbyes. There were definitely tears.


On Saturday, we had our last party. Here, Garrett and Sara (the Idaho kids) discuss Morocco Mondays.



The last week has been bittersweet. I have been stressed (and totally sleep deprived) from finals and papers, but I'm not sure I'm quite ready to leave. I've met some incredible people in Morocco and hate to say goodbye. I promise we will meet again, kids! Amor y besos!  

No comments:

Post a Comment