Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Madrid: Ensalada y Espanol!

So, I went to Madrid at the end of my Spring Break, but also came back a week later. During our maiden voyage, we spent most of the time wandering around the city. I was happy to be in a country where I could understand the language, for the most part. I found myself eavesdropping wherever I went, just because I could finally understand what everyone was saying!


I wasn't really sure what this was, but it looks like some kind of confetti goat thing? It made clicking noises too haha...


La Plaza Mayor!


Minnie Mouse was very friendly and wanted a picture with Joel. Hearing her speak Spanish with the costume was kind of strange...





The Royal Palace of Madrid, official residence of the King of Spain!



This guy made music by filling wine glasses with water and rubbing the rims.





More pork!




El Congreso de Los Dictados...


For dinner, we found a restaurant called Salad and Company. We were all overjoyed, as we have been severely deprived of salad for the last three months. It was a buffet with every salad topping imaginable, which was glorious!



Unfortunately, my camera died/ broke in Madrid, so I didn't get as many pictures as I'd hoped. Luckily, we came back the next weekend for the Adele concert! We flew out on Saturday afternoon and headed back to Ifrane! More to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment